Thursday, January 27, 2011


RAIN, FOSTER CARE, and I'M STAYING!

Here is one of the older boys, Mzizi, who LOVES to take a camera and take photos of himself (I have about 30 photos just like this). He is fun, smart and musically talented. He LOVES hip hop dancing and his dream is to go to school to become a professional dancer, and I actually see that it could be possible, as he is very gifted. He is also one of the responsible older boys who take care of the young children. He also loves to teach the little 4 year olds to dance hip hop as well. I really want to see him go on to college or dance school, I think he can if he really works hard.

This week it has rained and rained and rained and rained. Finally today the sun is out. Also, this week, all of the social workers are planning a foster care program for the Lily kids so it has been a really exciting week of meeting together, learning the South African foster care system, brainstorming and analyzing challenges, etc. It has been great to be a part of that. I have learned SO much.

It has been bliss for me to be here with the kids and there is so much for me to do with the social workers. There is such a great need for more social work support at this time here. God has put this deep love for this place in me, and now He has led me to stay longer. So I will be staying until mid-March. Wooo Hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment