Monday, August 29, 2011

Sorry I haven't written for so long!! SO much has happened. It has been a week of intense and very sad goodbyes, then sightseeing, then a lot of joyful hellos!
My last day in New York I spent with my very special friend on the beach, having some final quality time together on a perfect sunny summer day. That was then followed by frantic final packing and then a rush off to the airport in the evening for the first of 2 overnight flights (and I don't sleep on airplanes!).
But actually I managed to get a few hours of interrupted sleep, however I got a terrible migraine and ALMOST threw up in front of everyone during landing!
Recovered quickly to rush into my 10 hour lay-over in London! Met a friend for lunch and then walked and "Tubed" around the city! It was such a peaceful and beautiful city. I had never been there and was able to see a lot of the main attractions. Then back to the airport for my second overnight flight. And THAT one was pretty hard.
Then I had a 5 hour lay-over in Johannesburg where I had to continually walk around or move, as I would instantly doze off if I didn't.

BUT I MADE IT! And I was bombarded with hugs and screams! And that moment made it all worth it!! Now I am starting to unpack my job and find my barings with my daily routine. One day at a time!

I can't believe I'm here again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment