Monday, February 27, 2012

Then later on Saturday I took the older girls out for their 17th birthday. KFC and a movie! The ideal teenage combination in South Africa. I feel like I am really connecting with these teenagers so much and in the last few weeks have just felt them to be this permanent fixture in my heart. These are not just kids, they are like my own. There is also a new staff person, Bev, who is a career counselor. She has been an AMAZING help here. So glad for her wisdom!

On a different front, there was a guy who had shown much interest in me and so we started dating a couple months ago. But after a lot of prayer and struggle, he realized it did not feel right so called it off this weekend as well. So that has been a difficult thing to walk through now. He is not leaving, so I am praying for space and wisdom for trying to be separate now. That has been my up and down weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment